This is the talk I gave to Church Requel on New Year's Eve a couple weeks ago. Here are a few unique infobits about this talk you may like to know. First, I think it may be my personal favorite talk of 2011. No question it ranks in the top 5. I really enjoyed my study and delivery of this talk and, it seemed to me, God met me in a marvelous way all week long. Second, I think some others feel the same way as I have received multiple requests for this particular video release. Finally - and somewhat humorously - editing this particular video is what convinced me I needed to get back to the gym. My goodness!
Join me in this video talk as we consider the consequences of being a child of God. What would 2012 be like if every morning, when you wake up, you hear God's Spirit whisper to you: "You is smart. You is kind. You is important?"
Here are the resources to support this week's sermon. You may want to download the weekend program and follow along. Or perhaps you'd like to have a copy of my notes. If you are a pastor or ministry leader of another church, you are most welcome to use these resources in any way that could build the kingdom of Christ. We're on the same team! Download any of the following:
- Download 111231INSIDE (PDF - 54 KB), the inside of our weekly program
- Download 111231OUTSIDE (PDF - 64 KB), the outside of our weekly program
- Download 111231 Gods Child TEACHING NOTES (PDF - 120 KB), my manuscript
- Download 111231 Gods Child TEACHING NOTES (AZW - 15 KB), notes in Kindle format
- Download 111231 Gods Child NOTES SLIDES (PDF - 1.9 MB), used by tech team
- Download 111231 Planning Sheet (PDF - 36 KB), for ideas to support the theme
All of the Church Requel sermons are available either in the CR Video Library or the CR Audio Library or you can listen on the Church Requel Audio Blog. Would you like to subscribe to the weekly audio podcast and receive the sermon each week? Subscribe here for iTunes or here for all other mp3 devices. You can also subscribe to the weekly video podcast.